Thursday, October 05, 2006

Knowing God is the only answer to false religion. And you can know Him. Jill Briscoe uses the analogy "God's Front Door" (heaven) and meeting him on the steps. Recently, I'm getting to know Him more than I ever have, and I'm beginning to understand all those Christian things that you never really believe. For example, I talk with God about everything now. He wants to hear right? I've been telling Him about my busy life, friends, and even homework. And there' s just something about prayer that peaces you out for the rest of the day. It gives you the right attitude, peace, and joy.

Religion is good. Except its not God. Why do good? I do good because I've come to know God. He said to me, "Look at his life. Look how unfullfilled he is. Are you happy?"

"Yes."

"Why?"

"Because, I dunno... I trust you. It makes me happy to believe in someone bigger than me. It makes me happy to have a friend that can fix all my problems, who knows me completely."

"Don't you think he'd like that?... You should tell Him"

Knowing God brings me to a place in my life where good isn't just something you should do and evil is something to avoid, it's life. It's the way to live. Good isn't good to be good; it's good because it's the way we would be if the world really was perfect. Grasp that. Doing what God said would bring world peace, perfect love, and a complete life to every person on the planet.

Do you believe God? I don't sometimes. I tell him that too nowadays. It's good to be honest with him. But if you don't really believe what he's saying, you find yourself caught in an endless battle between good and evil, that you never really win. I've been there, and it sucks. And if you learn His heart and learn to trust Him, you find that good is really only love. All the sudden, the battle is over, he's beside you, you're loving people, and everyone's saying, why are you so do good all the time. And you don't even realize that you were.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home